Senior Network Engineer - Tokyo
DRIVENETS is driving and leading the next-generation networks with our Network Cloud solution.
DRIVENETS was founded to solve the “data explosion challenge” - one of the biggest challenges for service providers, content providers, public cloud and enterprises.
Our cutting-edge technology and Network Cloud solution have created a paradigm shift in the economy of networks. With smart and super high-performance bit processing on merchant silicon and commodity hardware, we enable new revenue opportunities as well as lower costs and sustainable growth for our customers, even as Internet usage explodes.
We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer in the greater Tokyo area. This is a highly technical role, providing post-sales on-site support of DriveNets network products within service provider customers in the region.
- Provide overall design and engineering, implementation and migration planning, service design and proof of concept, implementation, testing, optimization services, customer training and advice, and on-site support.
- Perform testing of new designs, features, and functionality as required by customers in a laboratory environment and help develop implementation plans to ensure proper operation in a live production network.
- Work with internal technical teams for product placement and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
- Work closely with customers to conduct network readiness tests.
- Validate patches and fixes to operating software that ensures they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and live network.
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems, initiate and track cases through to problem resolution on pre and postproduction issues.
- Provide written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment, and network problems on an ongoing basis to the Customer
- Meet regularly with Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered
- Help train Customers design, implementation, and support personnel to configure and operate DriveNets solutions.
- Work with Customer to develop and document Network Operation Procedures.
- Support production environment at customer site while helping to define best practice policies for DriveNets product applications used by Customer