Sales Director - Japan
Location: Prefer candidate to be located in Greater Tokyo area
DriveNets is a leader in cloud-native networking software for Hyperscalers and service providers who are building the largest infrastructures in the world for network services, AI platforms and SaaS offerings. Founded in December 2015, DriveNets disrupted some of the most challenging high-scale markets, transforming the way Networks are built, scaled, and consumed. We also built the largest network in the world, with more than half of AT&T’s backbone running on DriveNets’ Network Cloud. DriveNets has raised $587 million in three funding rounds which enable us to dream big and bring on the most talented people. We are seeking smart doers who would like to make an impact and are experienced in SaaS, networking or AI infrastructure solutions.
DriveNets is seeking a Senior level Sales Professional to lead IP networking/routing software sales to the global Tier 1 service providers in Japan. Reporting to President of DriveNets KK in Japan, the Director will lead a sales initiative both directly and indirectly by using partners in the region. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to build business and eventually build a team as our company is growing fast due to significant key customer wins globally.
· Develop sales forecasts and budgets to achieve quotas and revenue attainment.
· Develop and lead strategic sales plans and programs.
· Build a team as the business and revenue growth dictates.
· Develop relationships and drive performance with distribution and service delivery partners.
· Drive continuous improvement across cross functional company teams (PLM, marketing, R&D and Sales) to ensure consistent fair and effective sales performance management and customer satisfaction.
· Develop and grow C level relationships with customers and partners to develop high-level sales opportunities.
· Demonstrate leadership across all internal organizations to pull and utilize resources to achieve goals with customers.
· Act as main point of contact to implement account strategy for key customers and understand key business drivers.
· Identify product solutions and develop product offering to meet customer needs at desirable profitability margins.
Some travel to customers in the region as needed.
· 5-10+ years of recent success as a Senior Sale Manager at networking technology company with solutions toward service providers in Japan such as NTT, KDDI or other SP Accounts. Candidates with layer 2 and 3 routing technology knowledge preferred.
· Strong Business Operations experience
· Solid understanding and experience in the service provider networking solutions and its buying/procurement process.
· Experience working with distribution, service delivery and partner channels.
· Must possess key C level relationships at service providers and partners in Japan.
· BS/BA Degree, advanced degree preferred.
· Candidate should have a solid mix of sales, technical and business capabilities.
· Must be a motivated self-starter with strong ability to develop sales.
· High energy and excellent communicator
· Self-starter and motivated to win deals and work in a startup environment to work beyond boundaries.
· Excellent communication skills with solid command of English and Japanese languages
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. DriveNets is on a mission to build a special company comprised of individuals with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
DriveNets is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
More About DriveNets
Based in Israel with locations in Romania, US, and Japan as well as extended teams, DriveNets operations cover more than 16 countries. With recognition by industry analysts and through numerous industry awards, DriveNets is pushing market momentum, allowing for faster service innovation from the network core to the edge. Visit our website: