Vice President, Infrastructure Engineering
Location: US/Europe (WFH)
DriveNets, a leader in cloud-native networking software and network disaggregation solutions, offers communications service providers and cloud providers a radical new way to build networks and drive networks. By disrupting the fundamental scaling and economic characteristics of the Internet, DriveNets enables carriers to build networks like clouds.
The leader of Infrastructure Engineering will be globally accountable for building and leading the team responsible for designing and fielding the facilitating technology, platforms, and connectivity. The ideal candidate for this role has deep network design experience at consumer webscale, and/or with a multi-national carrier. This candidate has progressed from a highly skilled engineer to an engineering leader, keeping their engineering skills sharp while also developing provable people leadership and recruiting skills.
They will be drawn to disruptive technology and are excited by the idea of building something new. They can balance business velocity with good and solid design and implementation choices, while being completely unafraid to provide constructive feedback to any level of leadership.
This leader is driven, highly empathetic, fearlessly kind, and believes in the concept of exhibiting and soliciting personal authenticity without compromise.
· Define, design, test and document the architectural components and build patterns for the DriveNets global infrastructure
· Manage DriveNets global infrastructure capacity to demand and cost targets
· Define, document, negotiate and execute colocation and connectivity agreements
· Manage connectivity and cloud partnerships
· Design and staff the engineering organization in close collaboration with the product and software engineering teams
· Collaborate with the product teams to ensure infrastructure build patterns and capacity align with the product roadmap
· Solicit input from and regularly engage with customer peers to ensure their demands are anticipated and met
· Engage with the head of Infrastructure Reliability Engineering to ensure that the automation and instrumentation roadmap meets engineering requirements
· Create, curate and report progress against cost-to-serve targets
More About DriveNets
Established six years ago, DriveNets is radically changing the way networks are built, with the ambition of making networks as good as hyperscale cloud infrastructures. Having raised over $315 million in two funding rounds, DriveNets is valued at more than $1 billion. Based in Israel with locations in Romania, US and Japan as well as extended teams, DriveNets operations cover more than 16 countries. DriveNets Network Cloud is a cloud-native software solution that turns the physical network into a shared resource, supporting multiple network services in the most efficient way possible, offering telco-scale performance and elasticity at a much lower cost than incumbent monolithic routers. Already deployed across AT&T's core backbone, DriveNets is engaged with nearly 100 customers, doubling bookings year over year. With recognition by industry analysts and through numerous industry awards, DriveNets is pushing market momentum, allowing for faster service innovation from the network core to the edge. Visit our website: https://drivenets.com/company/.