R&D and Product | Raanana, Israel
- Release management is the process of managing, planning, scheduling and controlling a software build through different stages, environments and customers; including testing and deployments.
- A releases can be inclusive of various of deliverables.
- The release manager will join the Program and Release Management group. This group manages programs/projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence.
- The role is typically demanding, busiest and sometimes stressful.
- Tight hands-on management of merges into several branches in parallel. Maintain release repositories and key information of builds.
- Continuously drive planning by thorough understanding of the development implications, manage tradeoffs and prioritization.
- Proactively identify and manage risks and resolves issues that affect release goals.
- Create order out of cause by distinguishing between the blend of all related activities under ongoing releases, and identify the key items to focus and report on.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure on-time high quality delivery.
- Effectively and efficiently collaborate with all involved parties – developers, testers, product managers. Maintain relationships and coordinate efforts between different groups/teams.
- Clearly communicate and set expectations across parties regarding release requirements and details. Effectively negotiate to address issues which impact release activities.
- Continually search towards making improvements in the release process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field.
- At least 2 years experience of SW development team management – a must.
- At least 2 years experience of Program/project management– a must.
- Extensive branch management experience and deep understanding of the implication on the development.
- Expertise and deep understanding of development methodologies and SW development lifecycle, including agility aspects.
- Ability to dive into tech details of a new area and efficiently negotiate with developers on related issues.
- Ability to succeed in a multi-tasking and high frequency context switching per priorities.
- Problem solving attitude, proactive, self-learner, motivated, independent and ability lead cross-group activities in complex matrix organizations.
- Formal PMP/SAFe/SCM certification – an advantage.