Infrastructure Support Engineer
Location: East Coast or Central US (WFH)
DriveNets is a fast-growing software company creating the networking infrastructure that will run a big chunk of the world’s data in the coming decades and enable our customers profit from the greatest demand surge in telco history, 5G deployments and the rise of new applications. Our flagship solution is called Network Cloud – a software-centric routing infrastructure that can grow linearly to unprecedented scale and run any service, at any scale, from centralized clouds. It applies hyperscale cloud approaches to SP networks, radically simplifying their network operational model, to enable extreme growth, rapid service innovation and accelerated economic profitability.
DriveNets is currently seeking an inquisitive, technologically motivated, self-directed technical expert to join our Customer Success Team. It will be your job to deliver exceptional customer experience to DriveNets customers both, internal and external. In this role, you'll be part of a team that constantly adapts to new technologies, implements new solutions and systems, and provides support to disaggregated routing products and networks.
- Provide world class technical service as part of our growing front-line technical support team.
- In partnership with your globally distributed team, operate and maintain the health of a continually growing network and platform footprint.
- Use creative problem-solving skills to help solve complex problems and implement required solutions.
- Work with Operations, R&D and 3rd Parties to develop and test solutions and review new products and software versions.
- Collaborate with Customer Success managers, PMs, and R&D to meet commitments and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Summarize, communicate and escalate the overall customer experience.
- Mentor and assist other support engineers worldwide.
- Use your experience and initiative to help DriveNets continuously improve both processes and services.
- Be kind
- At least 2-3 years of experience providing technical support to service provider-scale or consumer webscale customers.
- At least 2 years of experience operating various network monitoring tools such as Nagios, Grafana, PRTG, Splunk etc.
- Strong Linux system administration skills, including Linux Networking (such as vxlan, GRE tunnels, DNS, IP tables etc.) and Linux configuration management solutions.
- At least 1 year experience in monitoring and managing platform resources (CPU, Memory, I/O etc.).
- Strong understanding of communication protocols such as SNMP and gRPC.
- Development experience in Python, Perl and bash.
- Understanding of Postgres DB, both queries and management.
- Skilled in AWS tools such as EKS, Kafka, S3, RabbitMQ, RDS, CloudWatch, and Elastic Cloud Kubernetes.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot Docker and Docker Swarm
- Have an ability to implement and troubleshoot routing protocols such as BGP, IS-IS and OSPF.
- CCNP Switching routing certified – Advantage
- Demonstrable empathy skills, including the ability to put yourself in the customer’s place, and see the situation through their eyes.
- Motivated self-learner through hands-on experience and on the job training.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong documentation experience to create Standard Operating Procedures along with other needed documents.
- Able to marshal resources and align cross-functional troubleshooting efforts to achieve customer commitments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a strong focus on English.
- Ability to work as part of a global team, including the creation of checklists and procedures, incident handoff and follow-the-sun operating methodologies.
More About DriveNets
Established six years ago, DriveNets is radically changing the way networks are built, with the ambition of making networks as good as hyperscale cloud infrastructures. The company has raised over $550 million in funding to date. Based in Israel with locations in Romania, US, and Japan as well as extended teams, DriveNets operations cover more than 18 countries. DriveNets Network Cloud is a cloud-native software solution that turns the physical network into a shared resource, supporting multiple network services in the most efficient way possible, offering telco-scale performance and elasticity at a much lower cost than incumbent monolithic routers. Already deployed across AT&T's core backbone, DriveNets is engaged with nearly 100 customers, doubling bookings year over year. With recognition by industry analysts and through numerous industry awards, DriveNets is pushing market momentum, allowing for faster service innovation from the network core to the edge. Visit our website: https://drivenets.com/company/.